Friday, July 8, 2011

Sewing like mad!




I love to sew! I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes when I complete a project and it is actually useable. I am not the best at sewing and still have much to learn, but I enjoy the challenge.This summer Emmaline and I have been sewing together, which has been great fun. She has helped me with picking colors, cutting and so forth. She wanted to make a blanket for her "little sister" and that is how it all started. Here are just a few pictures of some of the things we have made. Just for fun!This is a picture of the Blanket we just finished. Emmaline Chose the fabric and ribbon. She cut the ribbon, pinned it on and I helped her sew it together. We put a light cotton on the other side since it is so hot here!

This was Emmaline's first blanket. We made a receiving blanket with flannel, so she could cut the edges to fray it. She did all the cutting and I just sewed the 2 pieces of fabric together.

Emmaline wanted a matching dress to the baby so I made this and then made one for her. Hers is not all the way complete, so I will wait until it is. I have to make a few alterations.


I love making little girl dresses, so...I found this reversible dress pattern and made a few dresses. This is one of my favorites. All the flowers I make are on safety pins so I can put them where I wish.

I have many more projects, but I am not about to bore you with all of them!!!

2 comments:

Debby said...

It wouldn't be boring. I would love to see all of your projects. You are amazing Amy! I love you and hope you are doing well.

Maria said...

that is so cool you're all ready teaching e how to sew! i need to call you...your stuff is adorable and we need to catch up before that baby gets here!