Thursday, October 9, 2008

Calling all scraps!

Being in Rexburg, in a married student ward, of course we are surrounded by many babies. To fight my own baby hunger , I have tried to take up sewing as much as possible( whenever I can find time with 3 kids!) One projet I decided I wanted to do was make a Cathedral window quilt. To do that I need 484 squares of muslin and 736 other squares of print. I have been trying to collect scraps to cut out the print squares I need. If you know any one that has any, and would just throw them away, I would love them!! Maybe I am crazy for even thinking I can do this. Since it will take a lot of time I have also been sewing other baby items. Burp diapers, quilts, dresses, slippers, nursing covers and so on. These get done quick and go to good homes!

2 comments:

Elaine Parry said...

Hey this blog is great. Very informative. Who knew that you could sew so many neat things.
Sure glad to get to hear f rom you.

Maria said...

amy...i have kathy on the alert for your scraps...they only have to be 1x1, right? i love the pictures of your kids..i hope you are enjoying fall..miss you!