Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thumb or Pacifier?


I have always wanted a thumb-sucker. Mainly because I had heard my whole life that they are a lot happier babies. I am not completely sure why,but I know why it makes me happier--I do not have to put a pacifier back in every 2 seconds when the baby accidentally spits it out or pulls it out. I am aware that with a thumb sucker you can not take away the thumb, as you can the pacifier. There are many reasons I am aware of, but I still think it is so adorable to see little babies sucking their thumbs.
A couple of times, during an ultrasound I saw Madaline sucking her thumb and was very excited. While she was in the hospital, they used a pacifier. She goes back and forth between sucking on her hands and when she is done with that or frustrated, she will take a pacifier. The other day she finally found her thumb and was so happy! so it seemed, because I told Samuel to look at her and he said to pull it out--since we know it can be a hard habit to break. I did and boy did she get upset. I told myself if she finds it again, I am going to let her keep it! After many attempts of her trying to find her thumb and me getting the camera I finally captured a picture of Madaline sucking her thumb.Who knows what she will prefer thumb or pacifier, only time will tell. Right now though, she seems to like both and has her preferences for when she wants one or the other!

Every day while I am at school, waiting for my kids to be released people will come up to me and say, " Look at that red hair!" "Her hair is getting redder by the day!" I wish I had a good photo that showed her hair color. I never thought I would have a red headed baby, but maybe I will :)

6 comments:

Janelle & Brandon said...

She is so cute! Cooper has been sucking his thumb since he was born and we still can't get him to quit

Cait said...

S'cute! :)

Amanda said...

She is Adorable!!!

Jonathan and Brittani Bush said...

Autumn was...is a thumb sucker and we cannot break her of the habit. She wouldn't take the binky and I really wish she would have so we could take it away. lol. Too late now. We tape her thumbs at night so she won't suck and ruin her teeth...And we think Hunter is going to be a thumb sucker too! lol. But your little girl is precious!

Becky said...

I have to say after having at least 4 kids either suck their thumb or fingers I would prefer the pacifier. It sure is easier to take away when you are ready for them to quit.

Melanie Eastman said...

I agree--there is something so cute about a baby sucking their thumb!