Thursday, October 6, 2011

BATS!


I LOVE Halloween! Probably because it is in the fall and fall is my favorite season. Life seems to start to calm down, there is a fresh cool breeze, the colors are always breathtaking when they change. You can make caramel apples and all the other really fun autumn treats. I will not go on and bore you anymore. I think my love has been passed on to a son, who is now obsessed with Halloween...and with that comes an obsession of BATS!
Last year as a reward, he picked out a Vampire Dick and Jane book. I did not think much of it. Every project as the year went on somehow turned into a bat theme. A gingerbread boy, was dressed as a vampire( closest thing to a bat) A humpty dumpty was dressed as a bat and so forth. Brigham loves bats!
A couple of weekends ago Samuel and I, with some of his friends from school went on a hike to a canyon out in the desert.Samuel found a small opening at the bottom of a rock wall and decided to go in. It turned out to be a cave! Everyone climbed in but Madaline and I. To their surprise there were Bats everywhere inside! Brigham, to say the least was in heaven. He missed seeing them the first time, so Samuel being a good sport and knowing how disappointed Brigham was took him back in for a second time to make sure he saw them.

2 comments:

Melanie Eastman said...

I love the fall, too. Madaline is SO beautiful!

Maria said...

i need to look at blogs more. she is growing so much! what size is she in now? i love the fall too...without rain! :)