Monday, March 30, 2009

My hero of the Storm


Yesterday we had a full out blizzard!!!! I could not believe it. It lasted for 5 hours! The entire 5 hours--Samuel was out in it trying to make sure that we did not lose any of the new calves that have been born, since it is calving season. There were glimpses i could see him and others I could not, due to how bad it was. When he came back to the barn he was all white!and frozen, yet he kept going. At one point we got in the truck and drove through the field to look for calves, that were getting buried in the snow. It was hard because of the low visibility we had.

I often ask my husband how he does it. Work in all extremes of weather- and keeps on doing it. I guess it just takes a certain kind of man. He is my hero in so many ways!!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow! That is amazing! I wouldn't be able to do it. It's so great that he is willing!

Zachariah Parry said...

That's one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen. In fact, if I made a list of my top-ten favorite pictures, Samuel is probably the subject of three of them.

Maria said...

did you take that picture?!! it is amazing. how do you do it!? miss you guys.