Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Emmaline and Amy!!








So this coming Friday I turn the big 28!! I really can not believe that I am that old already. It seems like i just turned 20. Emmaline will be turning 6 on friday. It seems so unreal as well. If you did not know, yes, we have the same birthday. I can picture that day so well.

After being in the hospital for 2 days hooked up to an IV trying to stop my contractions, things turned for the worse. The contractions were stopped and I was going to half to spend the next 2 1/2 months on bed rest in the hospital. Within a few hours the Doctor said I was not doing good and was fighting a bad infection of some kind inside. He was unable to diagnose it since I was already on an antibiotic. So, for my own safety and the safety of the Baby, I was started. The nurses took samuel to the NICU to show him Babies around 2 lbs. to prepare him for what our little girl would look like. I remember thinking, I wish I could go to. After sometime, she was born! 4 lbs. and 1 oz. It was a real miracle!! The doctor said that her daddies height probably played a big role in her size being larger than 2 lbs. I rememer just thinking how blessed we were. after a week though she was down to 3 lbs. as she struggled to eat.

Once Emmaline was rushed off to the NICU and things slowed down the nurses realized it was my birthday. One said to me that this was the best present ever! ( having a baby born on your birthday) I thought she was crazy considering that Emmaline was so early, but as time passed and we were in the clear and all looked good, it was the greates gift ever!!!

On Samuels birthday, 4 days latter we were able to hold our little girl for the first time. Another great Birthday present! for us both!!

I love you Emmaline! Happy Birthday!

7 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Birthday you guys!!

Ally Bally said...

Happy birthday to all of you!!! We love you guys.

vandi said...

Happy Birthday Amy and Emmaline! Thanks for sharing Emmaline's story. How scary and neat all at once. We love you guys and would love to watch your kids so you could do something fun for your b-day: )

Amelia said...

Happy Birthday you guys! I remember when Emmaline was born and how tiny she was. She is a good girl and you are a good friend Amy. I miss you guys, all of you.

Maria said...

happy double birthday! i hope you both have a great day! it sure would be fun to have you around sometimes...take care!

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday today! Make sure you have tons of fun!!

Jana Davis said...

What a cool story. I never knew any of that. Happy Birthday to all of you!