Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Madaline!!!















This Saturday Madaline will be turning 1. I can not believe how fast time the time has gone by. I knew it would and tried so hard to savor every moment. She has been such a blessing in my personal life and in our family. A lady in our ward, in Las Cruces , said to me once, " Your kids are always dotting on Madaline". I said," yes, they are-isn't it wonderful!". As I visited with a sister last night we somehow got on the subject of having babies and such. She was also touched by how the kids treat Madaline. I told her, it was because she means as much to them as she does to me. Every prayer they said for a least a year to year and a half was in petition that we could have a baby join our family. When we found out we were going to have a baby join our family, they said prayers of gratitude and asked for the baby to be healthy. Soon, They all began praying for a little sister. When I went to tell Bennett the news that  we were having a girl ( thinking he would be very excited) all he said was, " I already knew that mom." What perfect faith he had. Madaline came a month early and had to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks an 1 day. In that time the kids never got to see her or hold her.They asked when will she come, why is she not home, can I please see her. My heart broke for them. They had prayed for this sweet little baby, for so long and wanted to meet her so badly. Their prayers continued  in her behalf for her health and strength. Finally, with a quiet reverence they met her, touched her and held her. I will never forget the look in each of their eyes. There is no doubt of the love that they have for their little sister. I am so grateful for all of my children and the beautiful blessing they have been for me.

1 comment:

Cait said...

These pictures are just adorable. We miss you all so much!