Saturday, January 7, 2012

Birthday cakes


2009-Semi truck ---Many things I would do different looking back, oh well
Brighams cake in 2008- Candy Land


brighams sccoby doo cake 2011
Every year growing up my mother always made us the most beautiful birthday cakes. So, when I had my own kids I wanted to carry over this tradition. It has been fun and challenging in many ways. I always wonder how I am going to "pull it off " when they ask for certain cakes. The cakes are far from perfect--but I thought I would share. Brigham for the last few weeks has been discussing with me what type of cake he would like. Since he had too many ideas, I will decide this year for him. I can not wait to make it for him!!!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What a cool tradition! Love the "candy-land."

Janelle & Brandon said...

Your cakes look amazing, I wish your were here to help me with Kolby's again.

Melanie Eastman said...

Those are awesome cakes! I like that tradition. Maybe I should be daring and try something like that sometime.